Thursday, March 8, 2007

"I am not a state secret"









Having just lost in court, a CIA kidnap victim asks why the U.S. won't admit its error.
By Khaled El-Masri

KHALED EL-MASRI, a German citizen born in Lebanon, was a car salesman before he was detained in December 2003.
March 3, 2007

ON NEW YEAR'S EVE in 2003, I was seized at the border of Serbia and Macedonia by Macedonian police who mistakenly believed that I was traveling on a false German passport. I was detained incommunicado for more than three weeks. Then I was handed over to the American Central Intelligence Agency and was stripped, severely beaten, shackled, dressed in a diaper, injected with drugs, chained to the floor of a plane and flown to Afghanistan, where I was imprisoned in a foul dungeon for more than four months...
[click title for full link]

No comments: