Thursday, November 29, 2007

DISCLAIMER

Do not think that the articles posted, books recommended etc. give any insight into the state of my life or spiritual development. Unfortunately this is 90% head knowledge for me. I have the hardest time integrating any of it into my life and actually living it...


["... I would rather experience repentance in my soul than know how to define it....

...Whoever sets his mind on anything other than what serves his salvation is a senseless fool. A barrage of words does not make the soul happy, but a good life gladdens the mind and a pure conscience generates a bountiful confidence in God...

...The more things you know and the better you know them, the more severe will your judgment be, unless you have also lived a holier life. Do not boast about the learning and skills that are yours; rather, be cautious since you do possess such knowledge...

Thomas Kempis "The Imitation of Christ", Chapter 1

No comments: